Dr. Stevie DeJuan Springer of Wise and Well stopped by the New Mexico Living Local set to talk about cancer prevention through diet and other lifestyle regimens.
Some foods Dr. Springer says that should be avoided are unwashed fresh fruits and vegetables and unpasteurized fruit juice or cider. He also says raw sprouts, undercooked meat and poultry should be avoided.
Cancer Fighting Diet
- Breakfast: Fresh fruit, seeds, and nuts, oatmeal.
- Lunch: Salad with beans and peas or other combo of veggies.
- Snacks: Apple or banana. Vegetables dipped in hummus. Trail mix made with nuts and dried fruit.
- Dinner: Fresh or frozen veggies with pasta sauce or rice dish. Baked potato with broccoli, sautéed veggies, or salsa.
- Dessert: Choose fruit instead of sugary desserts.