Leaning on each other to get the best out of one another. The Playwrights Circle at the Albuquerque Theatre Guild is a critique group where actors read the work of the group’s members, allowing for constructive criticism. This is an amazing way for writers to get the best out of the hard work they put into their writing. At the group’s monthly meetings, they also inform others about the local theater scene.
In 2017, the group expanded its activities to include the Playwrights Circle Staged Reading Festival which is now an annual event.
The festival lineup includes:
- Tolly’s Burger Heaven, Homer, KY by Robert Butler, directed by Gloria Goodman.
- Lost Posadas, written and directed by Brian Hansen.
- Lift by Edward deBuvitz, Directed by Pete Parkin
- The Night Before, by Robert Benjamin, directed by David Sinkus
- Splish, Splash by Richard Peck, directed by Justin Goldin
If you are a playwright interested in becoming a member of Playwrights Circle, or an actor interested in being one of our readers, please email Carolyn Wickwire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about the annual Playwrights Circle Staged Reading Festival.